Unicode revisited, this time with htmlText

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Nov 19 16:12:07 EST 2003

On Nov 19, 2003, at 2:00 PM, Klaus Major wrote:

>> Since Rev's preferred unicode format is UTF-8,
>
> Who told you so or where did you read this?
> The dox are quite "neutral" about this ;-)

I thought that uniEncode() returned UTF-8, but it seems I totally
misread the docs. uniEncode() products UTF-16 aka "unicode" or "w",
right?

> In my experience UTF8 ALWAYS produces extremely "eastern" characters
> ;-)
> when setting the htmltext of flield to that file...

Consistency is good :-)

> Important hint -> use BINFILE:
> set the htmltext of fld x to url"BINFILE:yadda.txt"

Thanks for the reminder- in fact I was forgetting binfile also.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>