bug in formatted prompt?

R. Hillen mail at richard-hillen.de
Wed Nov 12 16:34:41 EST 2003

> --- "R. Hillen" <mail at richard-hillen.de> wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> On Mac, OSX 10.2.8, Revolution 2.1 I wrote:
>>
>> on mouseup
>>    answer "text1 "& "<p>" & "text2" with "ok"
>> end mouseup
>>
>> and got
>>
>> ---------
>> text1
>> text2
>> ---------
>>
>> The same script with Revolution 2.1.2 results in:
>>
>> ---------
>> text1 <p>text2
>> ---------
>>
>> Should it be a bug?
>>
>> May you help?
>>
>> Richard.
>>

> Hi Richard,
>
> A quick peek at its script shows that the ANswer
> dialog box has been updated, and now you'll have to
> put the <p> tag on the first line in order to make it
> display your text as html-formatted text.
> There was a lot of discussion after RunRev 2.0 came
> out, about the Answer dialog displaying things as
> html-formatted text when it wasn't really htmlText.
> And they fixed it for version 2.1.2.
> So you should change the script to something like :
>   on mouseup
>             with "ok"
>   end mouseup
>
> Hope this helped,
>
> Jan Schenkel.

Hello Jan,

thank you for the quick response;

 From the documentation RunRev 2.1.2, Transcript Language dictionary:

"The prompt can be either formatted text (in the htmlText property’s
format) or plain text. If the prompt contains <p> or a start/end tag
pair, the answer command assumes the text is in the same format as the
htmlText property. Otherwise, the answer command assumes the text is
plain text."

So it should be corrected.

Happy about the solution

Richard.