Animation with Sliding or Walking figures

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 18:08:48 EST 2003

Ooops, I noticed today that my response to
Scott do not pass to the mail list!!!

on Wed Nov 5 22:20:05 EST 2003
Scott Rossi wrote:

>But the real solution is not speed -- it is one of
>stopping the forward
>sliding motion when a foot is "planted" on
>the "ground".  The body should
>propel itself forward with a foot fixed in place so
>the constant motion you
>are attempting to use is not going to create natural
>looking motion.

Now I understand, the way to do this is using
multiple images as icons in buttons.

>I posted a variation of your stack that illustrates
>how it could work.
>Enter the following in your message box:

>go stack
>url
"http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/walkingman_new.rev"

Fantastic!!! Extraordinary!!!!
Could I call you Master Rossi? :))

>This should provide more natural looking motion.  You

>can adjust the walking
>speed of the figure by changing the number of
>milliseconds used in the send
>(repeat) loop.

This change in the milliseconds really produces
some frantic movements, that remember me
of "Sonic" the hedgepodge. I even put a slider
control to change this time.
It's wonderful to watch the development of another
of the capabilities of this platform

>How it was done:
>[snip]
>(Sidebar: note the arm swings are technically
>reversed.  The natural motion
>of the human body is to swing forward the arm that is

>opposite of the leg currently moving forward.)

Yes, it really looks strange. Few people can walk
this way. Georgette Corchoff points me to a
software named LifeForms. To my surprise, I found
that they sell not only 3d models but movements too!!

Even the movements will become under copyright law!
For those interested in alternatives in copyright
issues, visit the site: http://www.creativecommons.org

>Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot again, and
KeepUp your extraordinary good work!