Questions about experiences

Tereza Snyder tereza at attainmentcompany.com
Mon Nov 10 19:59:55 EST 2003

on 11.10.03 5:23 PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> I am in the process of writing an article about runrev, and would like
> to ask you about two things:
>
> Did you experience that you wanted to make a project, but where unable
> to do it with runrev? For example because a technology was not
> supported, not fast enough or because it was otherwise not up to the
> task.
>
> DId you realise any projects that you did not think that it would be
> possible to do with runrev?

As a 16-year HyperCard/SuperCard/Spinnaker Plus/WinPlus/MetaCard/RunRev
veteran who also programs in C++, I've often run into performance or
technology barriers that have forced me to drop back into C++ - that is,
until I hooked up with MetaCard. I found that at first, I would need
something MetaCard could not provide; then, just as I would despair and
break out the compiler, MetaCard would come out with a new version
incorporating just what I needed. Lately MetaCard and its heir Runtime
Revolution have outstripped my demands: there are whole realms of new
features that I might employ if had time to imagine uses for them.

+ Tereza Snyder
+ Senior Software Developer
+ Attainment Company, Inc.
+ <www.attainmentcompany.com>