Two questions

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 10 17:11:40 EST 2003

On 11/10/03 3:32 PM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> But, I still think it is a BUG because if I say no resize and REV is
> supposed to ignore it when the user resizes then WHY is it resizing when
> I change the res/size of the screen?????

It isn't a bug, just a misunderstanding of the meaning of "resize".
There is a "resizable" property which, when set to false, removes the
size box from the lower left corner of the window and disables the
user's ability to drag the window out to a different size. It does not
prevent a script from resizing the window, nor does it prevent the
automatic engine behavior that changes the window to account for other
screen elements such as the dock or the menu bar. "Resize" simply refers
to whether or not the end user can adjust the window.

A while back, MetaCard users were happy to see the engine automatically
account for screen elements. Before that was implemented, there was loud
wailing and gnashing of teeth because a window could overlap the dock,
and if the stack happened to position itself under the Macintosh menu
bar, the user could not even drag the window out of the way at all. So
developers requested automatic stack positioning so that we wouldn't
have to worry that large stacks would suddenly become unreachable.

To overcome the automatic behavior, you'll need to calculate the correct
stack size yourself and set it on preOpenStack. For most other stacks,
not allowing the window to tuck itself under the Macintosh menu bar is
the desired behavior.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com