persistent Unicode problems

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at Princeton.EDU
Thu May 29 16:26:01 EDT 2003

Dear Jan,

many thanks for your email and your help.  Here's what happens:

put uniencode (url "file:translations.txt","utf8") into tTranslations
split tTranslations with cr and tab
answer the keys of tTranslations

-- this gives me the same empty boxes and numbers instead of Cyrillic
words.  What does this mean?

And yes, I am storing the array this way:

set the customProperties[cTranslations] of this stack to tTranslations

I've spent a lot of time looking at my code, and I really can't find
anything wrong with it.

All best,
Toma

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 04:08  PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:
> Hi Toma,
>
> Have you checked the status of the array after the
> split? What do you get for :
>   answer the keys of tTranslations
> And how do you store it ? I gues you are using :
>   set the customProperties["uTranslations"] to \
>       tTranslations
>
> Jan Schenkel.

Original post: