Sending files to the Trash

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu May 29 01:23:00 EDT 2003

>The Trash is a normal folder, just like any other, so if you can work
>out the path to it, then you can just rename your file to that path
>instead of using delete.

Thank you Sarah (and Ken). I wanted to find a way to write directly to
the trash from Transcript. My little utility often has to delete
thousands of files and I'm guessing that Applescript would be quite  bit
slower than Transcript.

>  put specialFolderPath("Desktop") into trashFolder
>     set the itemDel to "/"
>     put ".Trash/" into last item of trashFolder

Under OS 9 I think you have to drop the "." before "Trash/". This looks
like it will work. Thanks again!

Regards,

Howard Bornstein