Rogue visual effect sends rev awol

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Sun May 25 10:29:01 EDT 2003

I have an assessment card that shows and hides lots of objects with visual
effect dissolve (not QT).  When the assessment is complete, I have a continue
button with :

on mouseUp
  visual effect reveal left
go card "results"
end mouseUp

The results card arrives with a *dissolve*, but then sits with nothing
happenning for maybe two minutes.  During this time nothing in the Rev environment
is doable, including cmd period.  I can swtch between finder and rev though.

After AWOL time I get a reveal left effect to the same card, then frantic
clicks catching up with whatever I tried during AWOL.  I assume I have stacked up
a spare dissolve that I don't use  - (although I thought they were used last
in first out, so to speak, no?.)

I can't for the life of me find the extra visual effect, and I have tried to
clear it using:

    repeat until the pendingMessages is empty
      cancel item 1 of line 1 of the pendingMessages
    end repeat

This was just a guess, assuming that 'stacked' visual effects are pending
messages, and doesn't do the trick.

The opencard handler on the results card does have a fair bit of scripting on
it, but this weird pause only happens if I come from the assessment card
*having done the assessment*.  If I just navigate to the assessment card and then
hit the continue button, all the opencard scripts execute in a fraction of a
second and everything is responsive.

Any suggestions?  Is there a specific clear pending effects command? Or maybe
I am barking up the wrong tree.  Any help appreciated.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">
DVGlasgow </A>