Stack size and Windows (again)

Graham graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 25 09:39:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003 14:38:46 -0700, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

>Graham wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 20 May 2003 14:02:00 -0700, Richard Gaskin
> > <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Use the windowBoundingRect instead of the screenRect to account for the
> >> Start bar on Win (and the Dock on OS X).
> >
> > Oops, I spoke to soon in saying this insight by Richard had solved all my
> > problems. I find that on a newly loaded copy of RunRev 1.1.1 on my Windows
> > XP machine with a 1024x 768 screen, the WindowBoundingRect is
> > (0,94,1024,738). This gives 30 pixels at the bottom for the toolbar as
> > expected, but there's nothing at the top of the screen that could occupy 94
> > pixels! The title bar of the window is 30, so what's the other bit for?
>
>Try getting the value outside of the Rev dev environment and see what it
>says.

Well, this is **almost** the answer, but on this particular XP machine,
there now isn't quite enough space for the toolbar - about 5 pixels are
missing from the top. I take this to be a (minor) bug in RR 1.1.1, and will
live with it. I'll try testing on other Windows machines as and when I can
get access.

Thanks Richard for your advice - I have really lost count of the number of
times your interventions have helped me both with RunRev and with SuperCard.

Graham