Building Mac Standalones from Windows

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu May 22 19:39:01 EDT 2003

As I understand it, it is not possible to build for pre-OS X Macs on
non-Mac platforms. The application files require resource forks which
other operating systems can't create. Stuffit archives (.sit) preserve
the resource forks once they have been created, so that they are not
stripped off by another OS, but if they can't be put on in the first
place, I'm afraid you're stuck unless you can persuade one of us
friendly Mac types to do the build for you :-)

Sarah