Building Mac Standalones from Windows

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Thu May 22 18:57:00 EDT 2003

The installed base of pre-OS X Macs is huge. However, the majority of
new purchases will stay with OS X as it comes from Apple.

A better question is who is buying software. Most software is purchased
by people who get new computers. This alone has kept the Windows market
booming as most people "upgrade" Windows by buying a new computer with
a newer version of Windows.

Some people with older computers still actively buy software but I
would guess that they are a smaller percentage. I'd bet this is still a
large enough group to make it worthwhile.

Revolution makes it so easy to build for older OS versions that it
seems silly to me not to take advantage of it.

Bill Vlahos