hilite colors differ in standalone vs ide

Martin Baxter martin at harbourtown.co.uk
Thu May 22 10:50:00 EDT 2003

RC1 MacOS

 I'm confused...

In the rev ide I'm using the appearance manager look and feel and get the
following:

List box hilites with black text on pale blue background (pale blue is
156,206,255)
#That's what I expect from my appearance manager settings
Combo Box hilites with white text on pale blue background
# that's hard to read, and I would have expected white text to be drawn on
the dark hilite colour (which I have set as dark blue)

When I make this stack into a MacPPC standalone (and explicitly set the
lookandfeel to appearance manager in a startup handler - just to be sure)
these colours come out as:

List box hilites as black text on dark grey
# now this is hard to read, but also where did the dark grey come from?
# (grey is rgb 99,99,99, hex 636363)
Combo Box hilites as white text on dark grey
# perfectly readable but again, why dark grey?

In the appearance manager I have both light and dark highlight colours set
to blue (azul)

As far as I can tell or recall, I haven't set any colours that would affect
this, but of course it's possible that in passing I did something without
realising what I'd done, or have just forgotten about.
I don't want to prescribe colours for the hilites, I want to have them come
from the system preferences.

Anybody have any ideas where I should look ?

martin baxter