Building Mac Standalones from Windows

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 06:19:00 EDT 2003

--- Mathewson <richmond at mail.maclaunch.com> wrote:
> Yer............Well..........
>
> 1.   OS X builds should run on Mac OS 8.6 - 9.2.2
> iff
> Carbonlib 1.6 is installed.

Not in RunRev 2.0 I'm afraid : that's mach-o instead
of carbon-based.

> 2.   There are loads of free Mac emulators (Basilisk
> springs to mind) which will
>        emulate Mac up to system 8.1: of course you
> have to
> get your paws on a ROM
>        image (morals, morals, who ultimately gives a
> damn
> with an antiquated ROM image?)
>        and an OS install disk.  This also requires
> your PC
> to have oodles of RAM.
>
>        Of course this a long, tedious, fiddly
> process......
>
> 3.    I managed to pick up a Mac Performa 5200 with
> about
> 48MB RAM for £50 - although
>        glacially slow by contemporary standards it
> can
> grind out relatively small
>        standalones: crank up the Virtual Memory and
> cross
> your fingers.

*sniffles* Is that all my trusty old Performa 5200
would be worth these days ? Oh well, it does what I
need it to do at an acceptable speed, so that's
alright.

> This probably does not help much: but I'm one of
> those
> people who find it difficult to shut up.
>
> Richmond Mathewson

What's that? I didn't hear you, I was talking too loud
myself ; spamming the use-rev list with all this
database stuff *grin*

Jan Schenkel.

=====