Menu Font Size

Graham graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 19 12:06:00 EDT 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003 16:23:13 -0400, Howard Bornstein
<bornstein at designeq.com> wrote:

> >Strangely when I try to create a field to check this, I find that if I set
> >its font to MS Sans Serif, I can't then reset its font size to anything
> >lower than 9
>
>I didn't have any trouble creating a field in Windows XP and setting its
>font to MS Sans Serif and it's size to 8.
>
>In any case, it seems the solution to your menu problem is to explicitly
>change the font sizes of your menus to something you like, like 10 or 12,
>rather than relying on the default size.
Thanks, that's what I will do, but it does seem to me that there is a whole
unexplained area in RR about how it decides what menu fonts and sizes
should be on different platforms if the developer doesn't intervene (it's
something to do with the concept of the owner's font). IMHO there should be
a recipe for setting this up in a cross-platform app so as to get the most
'normal' looking menus in each case. AFAIK all menu fonts are the same for
all apps on each of RR's platforms (well, Windows and Mac anyway) - I guess
this may change with the theme or whatever, but it doesn't change with
individual apps, does it? Really I'd like someone from the RunRev team to
explain how this is intended to work...

Graham