bulleted text

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 12:04:00 EDT 2003

--- Chris Sheffield <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there any native way to create a bullet list in
> Revolution?  I'm assuming the only way to do it is
> use
> the RTFText property and copy and paste text from
> some
> other document.  Is this the case, or is there a way
> to do it right within Rev?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Sheffield
> Read Naturally

Hi Chris,

After wading through 800+ emails in my various
mailboxes, I saw you hadn't gotten an answer to this
question -- so I'll have a stab at it.
My suggestion would be to import a 'bullet' image and
use the 'imageSource' functionality on the field.
You then place the text into the field, leaving room
at the front for the image -- as images replace the
characters for which they're the source.

Example:
- Line 1
- Line 2
- Line 3

Now execute the following piece of script:
  put the number of lines of field "Foo" into tNumber
  repeat with i = 1 to tNumber
    set the imagesource of char 1 of line i of \
        field "Foo" to "bullet"
  end repeat

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.