shell() and sudo

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sun May 18 23:49:02 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 08:17  AM, Rolf Kocherhans wrote:

> Hello Alex
>
> Thanks for the script I will check it out !
>
> I am using MacOSX and Revolution 2.0 !!!! I also thought it is
> supposed to work, anyway if you are going to file a bug report that is
> great !

Rolf, I have learned that the open process command is not yet
implemented correctly on OS X. This is alluded to in the documentation
in 2.0 rc1, but it's very unclear.

"""
On OS X systems, you can use the open process command to start up an
application, but not a Unix process. To work with a Unix process, use
the shell function instead.
"""
Support for using the open process command on OS X systems was added in
version 2.0.
"""

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com