Retain borders of images used as icons for buttons

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat May 10 21:19:01 EDT 2003

At 10:42 AM -0700 5/10/03, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:
>I have a suspicion that
>  a) the border data is not actually part of an image and as such is not
>transferred to the button when that image is called as and icon

This is correct - what's shown in the button is the image contents, not a
copy of the image object as it appears.

>b) that the default for any button that has an icon is all
>"decorations" must be off so nor border can appear even if show border
>is set to true.

This isn't, though. I don't have any problem here setting an icon for an
image and leaving its borders on. (E.g. the arrow buttons in the docs have
icons and have their showBorder turned on.) Do you have a recipe for this?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/