Valentina Server

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 16:55:03 EDT 2003

--- Chris Sheffield <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone been able to do anything yet with the new
> client-server version of Valentina?  I can't get it
> work with the latest beta of 2.0 and was wondering
> if
> it'll be supported with the final release.  I'm
> trying
> to use the revOpenDatabase function just to see if I
> can connect to a database.  I don't know if I'm
> doing
> something wrong, or if Rev just doesn't support
> connecting to a Valentina Server yet.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Chris Sheffield
> Read Naturally

Hi Chris,

Valentina Server has only been in beta for a week and
a half, and it's a different animal than the Valentina
XCMD that RunRev uses to connect with Valentina
databases if my memory isn't playing tricks on me.
I'm sure that once there's a stable version and a
client library, we'll get our chance to connect to it
and get things done.

Jan Schenkel.

=====