1.7.8 release notes

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Thu May 1 13:47:03 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Here are the release notes for RCB Beta 1.7.8. I will be uploading
1.7.8. to Runtime Revolution this afternoon. It should be available
tomorrow. There are quite a few improvements in this version.  :-)

5/1/2003

Added new icons for the RCB palette. RCB palette icons are smaller.
The RCB palette icon is shown whenever the  RCB palette is showing and
is used to indicate that the learning Module is in the "Editing" mode.

If the Learning Module stack is in the Editing mode and the RCB palette
has been dismissed an icon showing a dimmed RCB palette covered with an
"X" is shown.

If the Learning module has been placed in the "Presentation" mode a
presentation mode icon is displayed.  Clicking this icon sends the user
back to the editing mode.

Added a Notes icon to the Notes button of the RCB palette.

Added a "Notes" Stack to the plugin that is invoked by clicking the
"Notes" button of the RCB Palette.

Added new email button to the fieldGroup Object.  Clicking this button
shows a group inwhich a user can type an email Address and subject.
Clicking the transfer button sends that information along with the
contents of the fieldGrps field to the users email application for
transmission.  :-)  ( Sounds like automated email assignments to me!)

Fixed some bugs in the bGOs of cards c-1 and c-2 that would result in
malfunctions if the Main Point and Practice bGOs were deleted.  Now
these bGOs can be deleted without any issues.

Fixed palette collapse bug. The script now uses the height of the stack
rather than the rect of the stack to determine whether or not to grow
the stack window.

B 1.7.8

I think that this is the features set that will ship. Most likely I
will not be adding any more Objects at this time.  Please  try to spend
some time with this version.  I continue to find occasional small bugs
but nothing to bad.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,

Steve