Button vs. Message box scripts

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Mar 31 13:35:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:24:39 -0800
> From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jeanne at runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Button vs. Message box scripts; P.S. Invert matrices?

> The problem here is that revRotatePoly needs an expression that evaluates
> to a graphic reference, not a graphic reference itself. (This is for
> complicated reasons having to do with the fact that revRotatePoly is a
> Transcript library routine.) This will work:
>
> revRotatePoly the long ID of graphic "MyPoly",90
----------
I too want to thank you for this insight. I was very puzzled .

A few additional points:

1) It should be noted that this is _not_ the form stated in the Dictionary,
and I would ever have come up with it on my own, so I'm hoping this will be
corrected in 2.0.

2) The form must be exact, e.g., it didn't work with lowercase "id" only
with uppercase "ID".

3) Why does the original form stated in the Dictionary work from the Message
Box, but not from a handler? That's extremely puzzling.

Ken N.