Wrong folder

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Mar 19 22:57:00 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:42:49 +1000
> Subject: Re: Wrong folder
> From: Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
>
> What about adding a line to check if the folder exists and asking for
> it to be selected if not:
>
> if there is a folder "/Macintosh HD/Revolution 1.1.1 Classic/Doggies/"
> then
> set the defaultFolder to "/Macintosh HD/Revolution 1.1.1
> Classic/Doggies/"
> else
> answer folder "Please select the picture folder:"
> set the defaultFolder to it
> end if
>
> This would also tell you if there was something wrong with your
> original folder path.
----------
Well, you're p[artiallyright about that! It made me look at what was
actually happening, and it became obvious that, since the Rev folder is on
the DT, I forgot to include the DT (it's a folder too...duhh).

So, I added it in, but then it would only go as far as the Rev folder. I was
getting frustrated so I moved the folder, Rev stack, images, and all, out of
the Rev folder to the DT.

Now it reads:

on mouseUp
  set the defaultFolder to "/Macintosh HD/Desktop/Doggies/"
  answer file empty with filter "JPEGs,*.jpg"
  put url ("binfile:" & it) into img 1 of grp 1
end mouseUp

...works OK so far. I kept "set the defaultFolder..." to start with even
though it means an extra line, becaiuse it's easier to keep track of and
change if necessary.

Does anyone have a utility for tracking filepaths?

Filepaths can be cornnn-fusin'!  ;-)

Thanks so much,
Ken N.