Unwanted tool switch

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 16:37:00 EST 2003

--- Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu> wrote:
> >   send "choose browse tool" to me in 20
> milliseconds
>
> Actually, right now I have a stack where I put this
> after a "clone"
> command, and it still switches to point mode in the
> sense the arrow
> becomes active in the tools palet, however Rev stays
> in browse mode.
> Really bizarre.
>
> A better solution is to put "lock messages" /
> "unlock messages"
> around the new/clone/whatever command.
>
> At least, *I* found this a better solution. There
> may be side effects
> that I simply haven't run into.
> --
> Victor Eijkhout

Hi Victor,

RunRev traps the newCard, newButton, etc. messages for
a few reasons: to set default rectangle and similar
properties (if you just click, instead of dragging a
rectangle), and to update its properties palette, the
application browser, and the like.
So the only 'real' side-effect would be that these
don't get an update. However, that shouldn't be
life-threatening ;-)

Jan Shcnekel.

=====