[SC] Re: Supercard vs. Rev

chipp at chipp.com chipp at chipp.com
Sun Mar 16 16:13:01 EST 2003

Chilton,

I was a SuperCard beta tester for version 1.0. I knew all those guys,
Charlie Jackson, Chris Watson, Bill Applegate, Stuart Henigson and really
enjoyed using the program. Unfortunately, in 96, because of client demands,
we started using PC's (the MAC CD-ROM market was too small) and had to
switch to a different development environment.

I've always thought SC a fine product -- and have had many off-list
discussions about it with folks like Ken Ray and Richard Gaskin. I've been
using RR for well over a year now, and frankly, I can't remember one SC
bashing comment on this list during that time. Course, I'm not monitoring
the SC list (I assume there is one), and if I were, I sure wouldn't be
trying to bash them. I think all of these tools deserve as much support as
possible! It's not a big market -- and no one I know of has gotten rich
selling development tools ;-)

-Chipp

Chilton writes:
"Once Rev 2.0 actually ships, then this will be a valid discussion. Hey,
if it sounds like I'm being unfair, keep in mind that until SC4
actually shipped, the Rev users were saying the same things about the
SuperCard betas. I'll be glad to compare shipping products to shipping
products, on the current MacOS. It's just that doing so puts Rev in a
very unfair place.

-Chilton"