How to switch out background group images

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Mar 15 23:35:01 EST 2003

Howdy,

I have a stack in which part of its UI involves the ability to choose and
load a background group image from a set of image files as a preference. The
images are designed to register precisely with a set of transparent buttons,
and the group set to layer 1. The preference also needs to load a set of
corresponding hilite icons for the buttons.

The idea is to be able to switch images of the background group and hilite
icons.

If I use the standalone to open a regular stack, when I update fields or
write new cards and then save, it will save the background image group too.
I can't figure out how I would clear them and replace them with a different
set.

The question is, if I use a standalone, how do I do it?

Note: One of my ideas was to use the standalone because all we 'd have to do
is to check the preference stack data on startup, pull the saved image name
and import the image to a bg group. It won't save the image when we close,
which is what we want with the images.

However, the problem then arises with how to search, load, and update the
cards from data stacks. Not very convenient.

TIA for any ideas.

Ken N.