databases and Rev

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Mar 13 09:27:03 EST 2003

>I'm looking for
>something that will run on Windows and Mac and will
>work for both a stand-alone single-user version and
>and a network multi-user version.

Hi Chris,

FWIW, there is a small group headed by Jan Shenkel currently working
on a published standard & library for interprocess communications in
RunRev.

My promise to the group was that I would create an open source,
client/server version of Serendipity Database--Binary if the group
provided the basic underlying PPC communications capabilities.

We are currently testing version 0.000001 of the IPC library, and I
began yesterday to rewrite the SDB handlers in Serendipity Library.
The single-user SDB handlers were designed so a client/server version
would be plug-compatible in terms of syntax; so I hope my efforts
won't take more than a few weeks.

If you would like to evaluate the single user version of SDB,
download Serendipity Library at
<http://www.oenolog.com/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm>.

If you are interested in following the progress of the client/server
version, contact me privately.

If you would like to participate in the Rev IPC group, contact Jan
Shenkel privately.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company