menu paradigm of Rev/MC and other goofiness

livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 09:11:01 EST 2003

on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:03:31 -0800, "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jeanne at runrev.com> wrote:

At 6:45 AM -0800 3/5/03, Ivers, Doug E wrote:
>Does anyone have an example they could send me in which a
>menubar menu is a stack?

You can't make a stack menu into a menubar menu, I'm afraid. (I suppose you
could fake it on Windows, since there the menu bar is inside the window.
But not on Mac OS/OS X.)

Ah! That's illuminating! I'd read about stack menus in the docs, and in fact never wanted to use one, but I always vaguely thought that indeed it was an alternative way of creating a menubar menu (as I come from a Mac background) and wondered why anyone would do it. Now I know that a stack menu can't be a menubar menu, and it would be 'faking it' if it was so used in Windows, so I'm completely foxed as to what sort of menu it can be. Obviously there is some other kind of menu that I never use. Pardon my complete dumbness on this one, but can anyone give me an example of when and why you would use a stack menu?

TIA

Graham