Reading the docs (was Menu manager/switch problem)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 13 02:28:01 EST 2003

Thank you for your very generous words, Ken.

> I find online docs difficult to deal with because they cover up the work,
> and I end up trying to toggle the docs off and on, back and forth, which is
> time consuming. I have never had to do that so intensively before because
> there was always extensive printed manuals available for HC, and I could
> just leave them open to the page while I read and worked the scripts.
>
> I do have my old PB onboard which I maybe able to use for docs reading, but
> it's too slow and doesn't seem to have enough memory to run the docs.
>
> Another alternate way would be to have a dual monitor output where I can
> move the docs windows onto another monitor.
>
> Is anyone else doing things that way?

I used a dual-monitor system for a while, but for my own workflow a single
19" per system has been enough, and CRT prices are in freefall: - I just
picked up a ViewSonic for the Linux box at Fry's for $250.

Another option is printing, if you can spare the ink cartridges.  :)

I think Geoff Canyon has a stack that exports the Rev docs as RTF for
printing - Geoff, what's the URL?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation