license issues (was mystery exception)

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Mar 13 00:42:00 EST 2003

This isn't an example from someone's "do" command, but here is a single
line of script that produces the 99 bottles of beer song. It requires
LispLib to run, but LispLib could be included when a standalone is
built -- it doesn't require modification at runtime.

put drotatef(cr,2,\
       subf(cr,"You go to the store and buy some more,","-1",\
       distributef(cr,\
       format(setf(b,"<*> bottles of beer") & setf(w," on the wall")\
       & ".\n\n" & b & w & ",\n" & b & ".\nYou take one down, pass it
around"),\
       expandf("99-1 No"))))

More details are at:

http://wiki.macitworks.com/revdocs/99BottlesOfBeer

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 08:29 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Would you be willing to post an example of a "do" statement that is
> difficult or impossible to accomplish within the current 10-line
> limit? I think it might be interesting for the list to see if the
> problem is really insurmountable. And if we can bypass the problem it
> might give some folks an idea of how to accomodate script limits
> without sacrificing useability. Sounds like an interesting challenge
> to me. I confess that I have not had to use any more than a
> single-line "do" statement in years and I have trouble imagining where
> I'd need one.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com