Editing a SWF file?

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Mar 11 15:34:01 EST 2003

I am playing around with editing parts of SWF files that I have
created.  Eventually I would like to be able to change the size of the
SWF file from within a Revolution program.  Right now I'm just trying
to change the version number.  If I open the SWF file in a hex editor I
can change the 4th bit (I think it is the 4th bit, this is new
territory for me) and that changes the SWF version number.

So is doing this kind of thing possible from within Revolution and if
so does anyone have any hints as to where I would start with something
like this (websites, books, etc, samples, etc.).  So far I can get the
SWF file into a variable and write it to a new file, it's all the stuff
in between I can't figure out :)

Thanks,

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia