Displaying lists of numbers in a field, Column handling, Externals in OS X

valetia at mac.com valetia at mac.com
Tue Mar 11 07:20:00 EST 2003

> put 0 into myOutput
> repeat with i = 1 to 4000
>   put space & i after myOutput
> end repeat
> put myOutput into cd fld "new field 1"
>
> Why isn¹t all numbers displayed? The field stops wrap around at number 1887Š

Here are some more strange observations that I'm getting when I try out that
script:

1. While only 1887 numbers are shown in the field, the field actually *does*
correctly store all 4000 numbers. It's just that 2000+ of them don't
actually show up on the screen.

2. Changing the upper limit also changes how many numbers are actually
displayed in the field. For instance, if you change the limit from 4000 to
3000, the field would display a total of 873 numbers.

Valetia