please explain "Error Reporting" checkbox (was mystery exception)

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Mar 10 18:11:01 EST 2003

Is the "Error Reporting" checkbox on the Distribution builder known to
work?

I created a simple test script which is just a single line:
do "nonesense"
In the IDE, it correctly generates a popup error dialog "no such
handler etc". However, when I build a standalone of this test stack, on
OS X and on Windows 2000, no errors are generated when executing the
script. The Error Reporting checkbox was selected.

What is going on here? Either I'm completely missing the point of the
"Error Reporting" checkbox, or it is just plain broken. I've had a look
at the Distribution Builder code and it apparently clones the stacks
"execution error" and "revErrorDisplay" and puts them into the build.

Ben and Dar: if you look at the card's script in license.rev stack,
revErrorDisplay substack, you will see code for parsing the cryptic
comma-seperated integers into a readable error message.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com