sentences as items

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 14:19:01 EST 2003

Well, first let me say that I am very new to
Revolution.  It just so happens that I was working on
a similar problem yesterday, and this is how I solved
it.  So I thought I'd share it.  :-)  It is entirely
possible that there is a better solution.

As far as inserting these characters, you can do it
the long way like I did and copy the character to the
clipboard and then paste it into your text.  Are you
using external text files or static text in a field?
You could probably make the process a lot easier by
writing a small script that would search through a
block of text, locate any sentence-ending punctuation
(".", "!", "?", etc.) and then insert the special
character after the punctuation.  I haven't done this
yet because I was just trying to throw something
together to show my boss, but I'm sure it would work.
Keep in mind that it will look like a space when on
the screen, so you may also have to remove existing
spaces at the end of sentences.

As for the unicode thing, that's a little beyond my
skills at this point.  Sorry.  Maybe someone else on
the list can address that one.

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally