Transparent images

livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 12:18:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:02:51 +1000, Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au> wrote:

>AAARGGHHHH! I've done this before and now I can't get it to work. I am
>importing an image and I can't get the background to be transparent. I
>am using GraphicConvertor as my image editor and I have tried both PNG
>& GIF files, both with the background color set to transparent. In GC
>the background is shaded out and in the Finder it is greyed out. As
>soon as I import, the background goes back to opaque white and I can't
>do anything about it.

>This is driving me crazy, so I anyone has any ideas, please help!

Sarah, I tried to reproduce the problem and couldn't, but I didn't use the image editor from inside RR. If I use GraphicConverter on MacOS 9.2.2 and use the 'T' tool to set transparency in a GIF, and save the GIF outside Revolution, then the 'Import as Control' item in the RR Dev environment does produce an image with transparency set (for me, anyway). Did you have trouble with this technique, or just the one where the image editor is invoked from within Revolution?