read/write Palm DBs

Lars Lewejohann lale at phenotyping.com
Thu Jun 26 14:00:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! (and sorry for the double post - I used the
wrong
email-address...)

Jan Schenkel wrote:

>Hi Lars,
>
>If you need cross-platform without the headaches of
>Java, then Revolution is the way to go :-)
>AFAIK, no one here has written a library yet for
>reading and/or writing pdb files.

Thats  the bad  news I expected  :-)

>However, a bit of
>googling turned up the file format specs at :
>http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/docs/fileformats/PDB_PRCFormat.html

jep, I've seen that before and I was hoping there might be some tools at
hand for easily
converting to a RR-read-/writeable format (that would have been the
perfect argument
for imediatly registering with revolution)

>So this shouldn't be too hard to accomplish :-)

Well, I just dicovered RR last night. Even though I have some C and PHP
source code
doing the trick this probably will not be a perfect start :-) I'll see
how far I get
and I will most likely come back here and bother with some questions...

BTW my e-mail account gets rapidly flodded with posts from this list.
Wouldn't it be
more comfortable to have a forum instead of a mailing list?

Kind regards,

Lars