Why must *any* of these be done manually (or, missing widgets)? :-)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jun 25 19:57:01 EDT 2003

Richard-

RG> If you're working in C++ there are a lot of modern frameworks you can use,
RG> but to my knowledge the only cross-platform one is Metrowerks' PowerPlant,
RG> and it does only Mac and Win (and they're in such dire straights I don't
RG> know how long it'll be maintained).  But for all the conveniences of a

Hmmm... last time I checked, PowerPlant was MacOS-only. Now I see
there's an entry on their web site for a Windows version. Doesn't come
with the compiler, you have to order it specially. And the web page
apparently hasn't been updated in a while, since it lists
compatibility with CodeWarrior 7.0 and Visual C++ 6.0. I didn't bother
emailing for the price, but I doubt I'll be porting my PP code over to
a Windows platform any time soon...

"PowerPlant framework for Windows is only available as a separate
source code license from the OEM Licensing group. For more information
or to order, email Metrowerks at oem at metrowerks.com."

-Mark Wieder