How to use joysticks in Rev

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Jun 21 20:14:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 03:28 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

>> On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 12:56 PM, Shao Sean wrote:
>>> look at the "open driver" "read driver", etc in the docs to
>>> see if that does what you need it to do..
>>
>> Ken, are you on OS X?  Get driverNames().  Plug in your joystick and
>> then get driverNames() again and see if anything new looks
>> interesting.
>> Let us know what you get.
> ----------
> Not Jaguar yet. I'm running OS 9.2.1. Maybe later this week, if I get
> time.

Hey, this is just a shot in the dark.  I think it very likely open
driver will work on only traditional serial interfaces (RS-232, RS-485,
RS-442, modem).  However, I think it will work on Blue Tooth.  And I
hear people talk of USB, so maybe there is a way to open up USB pipes
or whatever they are called.  Don't run out and get OS X just on this
speculation.

Can anybody try the above experiment for Ken?

Dar Scott