baseConvert() & 32-bit ops (was Best array population & access optimization)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Jun 21 17:34:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 03:56 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> It has been a very interesting two weeks between the cryptology and
> Dar's knowledge of bit processing.

We're a team!!  It is good to see synergy.

I have 1st and 2nd edition of Bruce Schneier's _Applied Cryptography_.
We can point to pages in that if you have one.

There is probably a good URL out there on bit processing.  However,
that is something that can be elaborated on the list as we discuss
Transcript commands to do things.  This kind of thing is handy in all
kinds of binary I/O.  For example, just the other day someone asked
about certain file formats.  The answer just might require some work in
tweaking bits.

Dar Scott