Columnar Reports in HC - yes but I did it manually (mea culpa)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 14 23:16:01 EDT 2003

On 6/14/03 8:23 PM, Barry Levine wrote:

> How about printing a card with parallel columns of
> multi-line fields whose data extends beyond what can be seen with a
> scroll of 0?

I forgot to mention this in my comparison post. HyperCard has a
"dynamic" report setting that automatically calculates how high a print
item should be when placing multiple cards on a page. If the contents of
a field are long, that print item will expand in height to accomodate
the text, even if it requires that the print item spans several pages.
If the same field on the next card contains only a small amount of text,
the print item contracts appropriately.

When you set up a columnar report the way I described and set the
template to print dynamically, each "row" in the report will be as high
as necessary to accomodate the longest cell in the row.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com