Rev & MySL

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 20 13:01:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 10:36  AM, Marty Knapp wrote:

> This may be off-topic for this list, but does anyone know if one were
> develop a database with Rev as the interface, accessing a MySQL
> database,
> and packaged them together in a for-sale solution, do you have to pay
> any
> fees for MySQL in that scenario? I've read the docs with MySQL and
> it's not
> clear to me.

> Also, does anyone care to comment on MySQL vs Valentina? (My situation
> will
> require multi-user capability and I know that the Valentina server is
> still
> in beta, but I assume that its functionality will be similar).

The Valentina-list is currently discussing the server version license
and fees. They are open to suggestions at this time.  The entire point
of the Valentina database is to allow an application developer to
create front-ends for the products that they sell. The price is running
around $300-$500 for a multi-user server. I haven't followed this
discussion closely as they have just begun to take suggestions. If you
check the previous four or five archives and join the list you can see
what I'm talking about.

Valentina mailing list:
Valentina at lists.macserve.net