Rev & MySL

Marty Knapp marty at vineyardbellingham.org
Fri Jun 20 12:45:00 EDT 2003

I'm playing around with Sarah's MySQL tests stack. It's no problem to
connect to an SQL database on the same computer, but I can't figure out what
to put in the address field for an SQL database on my network. I tried the
IP address, although it's not a static address. Both computers are Macs with
OS 10.2.6 and I used the CompleteMySQL 4.0.12 package.

This may be off-topic for this list, but does anyone know if one were to
develop a database with Rev as the interface, accessing a MySQL database,
and packaged them together in a for-sale solution, do you have to pay any
fees for MySQL in that scenario? I've read the docs with MySQL and it's not
clear to me.

Also, does anyone care to comment on MySQL vs Valentina? (My situation will
require multi-user capability and I know that the Valentina server is still
in beta, but I assume that its functionality will be similar).

Thanks,

Marty Knapp