Opening Files in OS X

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Jun 19 18:26:00 EDT 2003

HI Jim

Read the docs on ask file. You need to use type codes on MacOS rather than
extension filters. Hopefully we will get extension filters for OS X soon.

You will also need to read up on stackFileType and/or fileType to handle
your custom file type on MacOS & OS X. Also if you don't know much about
plist files you might want to use my suped up distibution builder that you
can download from:
http://www.sweattechnologies.com/rev/sweatDistributionBuilder.rev

It's not linked into the /rev/ index so you will need to click on the above
link. Anyone else can downlaod and use it too, however, I've only done it as
a reference implementation of a number of my feature requests for the RunRev
team.

The changes include:
 - saving/opening from/to invisible stack file format allowing for seamless
upgrade
 - a copy files tab on the last stage to copy any extra files like manuals
etc
 - improved (and simplified) plist changes including document type
extension, name, code and role. I've also added CFBundleExecutable and
changed the executable name from Revolution to the name you enter in on the
OS X tab.
 - resizable window
 - an auto update option that will update all version numbers & names etc
with one change rather than doing it for each platform
 - the ability to enter in a naming convention for your mainstack
 - the fields on the Windows > Other Version Information button are now on
the card.

Regards

Monte