use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1475 - 17 msgs

Edward Cawley etcawley at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 16:57:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 11:18  PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:
  Thanks, the effective path worked like a charm.
But that leads to a new problem,
I have a stack which uses a number of images and text files which I am
referencing by absolute path names. It works fine in the development
stack but when I tried to build a standalone everything broke down. In
trying to debug it I moved the stack and the associated files into a
new folder, changed the references, using the effective path script,
and tried to run it again. The images work OK but the text files don't
get read. I get a message that it can't verify the path if I run it on
OSX, and a message that it can't open the file if I try to run it on
OS8.6. I tried changing the defaultfolder but it doesn't seem to make
any difference. The filetype seems like it may have a role, but it
seems to affect new files created by the app. Do I need to change
existing files. Most are simple text or textedit files. The
documentation doesn't seem to deal with this specific problem. Also
where is the place to put this files in the standalone pkg? I thought I
had developed an understanding of Rev. coming from years of hypercard,
but now I'm not so sure.
Thanks for any help.