[ANN] News Reader Stack Available

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jun 18 21:43:00 EDT 2003

> In a way, you're right. It all boils down to what the interpreter will
> accept as well as understanding that if you program in other languages
> you probably won't be able to implement those "bad" habits. Personally,
> I'm all for doing whatever gets the job done with the least amount of
> typing. For this reason I don't declare my local variables ahead of time
> (unless I have to as a result of using the regEx commands), and don't
> run with explicitVariables turned on.
>
> (THERE, I said it... do you still respect me?)
>
> ;-)

I guess you won't be using my javadoc plugin then ;-(

By the way you can't use explicitVariables in rev because of the amount of
undeclared variables in the IDE. I tend to be somewhere in the middle though
I think I'd use explicitVariables if I had the opportunity as it often takes
more time to work out that you misspelled a variable name in a long script
than declaring the variables.

I'm sure we all still respect you ;-P ... well as much as we did before ;-)

Cheers

Monte