valentina and rev 2.0

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 13:59:00 EDT 2003

--- Mark Brownell <gizmotron at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 11:22  AM, Jan
> Schenkel wrote:
>
> > Hi Rand,
> >
> > I'm sorry to read your attempts have been
> > unsuccessful. Let's see if we can get you out of
> this
> > situation and back on track. I'll comment per
> > question.
>
> Hi,
>
> Please don't hold me to it because this is from my
> weekend learning SQL
> for Valintena V4MD (Director) three years ago, I had
> the same sort of
> problems with Valentina until my application queries
> included
> destroying the current curser and initializing a new
> cursor for each
> query of the database. I'm not sure, but it sounds
> like it could be a
> possible solution. This is in regards to SQL calls
> to the Valintina
> database. Not knowing how Transcript handles SQL
> calls (yet) I'm only
> guessing. Since this goes into the archives of this
> list permanently,
> one could also use these comments against me as a
> record of my memory
> over a three year period. In other words, take this
> with a grain of
> salt.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

That's nothing to be ashamed of ; my memories of
certain periods of my life are kind of blurry -- now
if you couldn't remember that you just sent this mail,
that's when I'd advise you seek some help ;-)
Jokes aside, this juggling with cursors is a big
problem when using the revdb functions with MySQL. So
maybe Rand could try and check the 'Cache result sets'
checkbox, as this will ensure cursors are closed after
fetching the data.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====