list email address security

curry curry at pair.com
Mon Jun 16 23:00:00 EDT 2003

>If you're concerned, you might try a spam filter or use a hotmail, yahoo, or
>other email address.

I use a filter that flags spam and put them in a separate folder. But
there are false positives sometimes (remember when this list was in
that situation? and there are others, which I can't afford to miss)
so I don't use an e-mail service or filter that blocks them out
completely.

If you mean using another address to receive this list, too late!
This one is already archived, I don't think it would really help to
archive another.

Filters are good, but preventing spam is just as legitimate and
important as dealing with it when it happens. I'd be surprised if
that were considered a controversial viewpoint!

Curry