Richard's novella on the philosophy of printing (was Re: Report Object...)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 16 12:32:00 EDT 2003

On 6/16/03 3:08 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> But if you have a particular printing need that can't wait and are
> interested in learning a few things about working with Transcript, it's
> likely doable now.

I agree with this. Since we were dicussing the differences in report
engines, I listed the ones I thought were important. But as you noted,
it is possible to do many types of report printing by directly scripting
the behaviors into a stack. It can get tricky though, and complex
reports can sometimes take nearly as long to script as the stack they
accompany. As Revolution expands in the future, I hope to see more
automation included in report printing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com