Documentation

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Jun 14 18:27:00 EDT 2003

>Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:11:52 -0600
>Subject: Re: standalone has plainly readable transcript
>From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>

>On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 06:30 PM,
>revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com wrote:
>
>>  As Richard points out, the number of keyword tokens that have meaning
>>  for the engine behind Revolution is quite phenomenal, and the
>>  documentation is really quite exhaustive.
>
>I agree.  The task is huge and creating a way to address a huge amount
>of highly interrelated details is a challenge.  I think Jeanne has done
>a good job.
>
>Dar Scott

For those of you searching for a quantitative evaluation of the
completeness of Jeanne's documentation, do a search for space (just
hit the space bar) in the "Search Revolution Documentation" plug-in
in RunRev 2.0.

You will find: "3052 topics containing " "

Presumably this is a complete list. Astonishing!

Moral: Be careful what you search for. In my search for space I have
learned what the Sorcerer's Apprentice learned.

Jim

P.S. In RunRev 2.0 I find that Rev often freezes when  "Script
debugger mode" is selected from the development menu. (Command period
to unfreeze.) And when in the debugging mode, the "Step over" very
often "Steps into." (I switch back to 1.1.1 for debugging.) Anyone
else with these problem?  (Mac OS 9, G4 PowerBook.)

Also, a small cross-platform issue. In OS 9, the "/" as part of a
menu item, results in a keyboard shortcut. In OS X, "/" is just
another character.