Report Printing (by Richard Gaskin)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 14 13:59:00 EDT 2003

Barry Levine wrote:

> Thanks for the overview on the "tabular report" process. I'll play with
> it and see if I can come up with anything that can be used as a
> template. About a year ago I had built a (really cheesy) template I was
> using to generate the report in html and then sent the file to IE for
> viewing and printing. Even though it worked, it was really not a good
> solution.
>
> It's amazing how advanced HyperCard's Report Generator was, considering
> that it's now 15 years later and nobody's caught up with it.

Did HC's report tool do columnar reports?

I'd opened it and poked around prior to posting, but could only find
capabilities similar to Rev's Report Builder.

If so, it would be useful to review that interface for ideas on building a
replacement,  though it's hard to imagine it could compare to the more
comprehensive options of specialized third-party tools like Reports Data
Pro, which might make a better model to follow.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation