Using keyboard to control a player

Scott Slaugh xslaugh at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:29:00 EDT 2003

>rawKeyDown (or up) doesn't report the ASCII code for the key pressed, it
>reports some other code. You have worked out that the code for space is
>62593. You just need to test for any keys you need to trap so you can find
>their codes.

I know that the message is getting sent, becauase if I put an answer command
right above the start player command, the answer box comes up when I hit
space.  The problem is that my movie doesn't start.  I did discover that if
I set the alwaysBuffer of the movie to true, it does play when I hit space.
The problem with this is that the movie, while playing, doesn't show itself
playing-it just goes to the end, and then shows the very last frame.  The
thing that confuses me is why the start player command will start the player
if I put it in a button, but not in the script to catch space bar.

Scott Slaugh