List of users and associated data

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Thu Jun 12 12:09:00 EDT 2003

I have a need for a stack which will be used for a user login. The
target audience is children so they will have to select their name from
a list. There will be a method for an admin (teacher or parent) to
add/delete a username from the list. While I will need to keep track of
various data (last login, tests taken, scores for each test), the user
should only see his/her name.

My thoughts are to use a separate stack (so I can modify/save the data
residing in this stack) and, in the stack, have an invisible field
holding a comma-delimited list of the data (which is programmatically
updated when a user completes a test) -and- a visible list field that I
re-populate with the user names whenever a user is added/deleted.

It is possible that the list of users will be as many as 50. I am
avoiding any kind of external DB for simplicity's sake.

What are the listas' thoughts on this matter?

Thanks,
Barry